Occupational Health and Safety Policy
Thorium Films places the highest emphasis on Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) in conducting its daily business. The company is committed to the risk management process and shall, so far as is reasonably practicable provide a hazard free workplace.
The company aims to protect the health and safety of its employees, suppliers, customers and others who may be affected by its activities. You are urged to act immediately about any noncompliance with safety standards. Please ensure you raise any concerns you may have with management.
The Company believes this key objective will benefit all people involved in Group activities and it will only be achieved through the constant promotion and improvement of safe working practices, control of hazards, safety awareness and commitment to safety on the part of each and every person involved including that of our contractors.
To achieve these objectives, Thorium Films will:
- Ensure safety practices and procedures are adequate, implemented and maintained throughout the Company. These are to be relevant to the operational activity, comply with statutory requirements, industry standards and guidelines and promote the involvement of all personnel in the maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Provide the training, instruction and supervision, dissemination of information and necessary resources to support OHS in the various areas of Company activity.
- Promote the involvement of all stakeholders in ongoing consultation and communication to support and seek continuous improvement in OHS management.
- Ensure the establishment of measurable objectives and targets for OHS to ensure continuous improvement and include ongoing monitoring, auditing and review of our management systems.
- Ensure appropriate procedures are maintained for the reporting, investigation and review of all safety incidents and situations likely to be hazardous to a safe working environment.
- Ensure that all employees, contractors, customers, visitors and the public understand their obligations with respect to Occupational Health and Safety.
The Directors, and Managers are responsible for the implementation of this policy. All employees, contractors, visitors, customers and the public have a responsibility to follow all policies and procedures and to report any hazards.
In implementing the above, we have created the below document for everyone to be able to understand how important OH&S is. This induction handbook is not exhaustive, but does cover a number of common items to a workplace (and applies to everyone, from volunteers to the directors).
Each set and location is unique, with unique challenges and risks. It is everyone’s responsibility to help identify and address any risks. These must be reported to the location manager or production team. And any requests from these people must be adhered too.