We are keen to ensure that recycled materials are used as much as possible in our productions. To that end we have discussed with a number of builders, the use of discarded materials from work sites, for use as sets and/or props in future activities.
We value the environment, and wherever possible work to protect it.
Our Environmental policy reads:
- We are an environmentally responsible company. We encourage our employees to go beyond minimum legal standards, and do everything they can to protect the environment, such as use recyclables and conserve energy resources like electricity, fuel and gas.
- Thorium Films is committed to undertaking its activities in an environmentally responsible manner and effectively managing any risks that may lead to an impact on the environment. Thorium Films will do all that is reasonably practical to ensure that there is continuous improvement in environmental performance, including ongoing communication and awareness raising, active reporting of environmental incidents and continuous learning from experience.
- Thorium Films is committed to environmental management being an essential element of effective business practice related to infrastructure planning, construction, maintenance and operation that must be properly considered and integrated into all phases of its projects.
We consider the environment to be key part of business sustainability. Underlying this is guidance from the United Nations Global Compact. In respect to the environment, its principles are:
- Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
Our aim is to be a Green Business.