We all have stories to tell, matters to raise, and the need to get things off the chest.
Hi, my name is Tony Hooper, and this is my blog for fellow film makers. Or more aptly, those in the business of film making. Or at least interested in the Business.
This is The Thorium Films Blog. (We are often so creative, that the best title and description are the simplest).
We write stuff. Sometimes you shall find it here, especially if I wrote it.
My background is as diverse as can be. A Certified Practicing Accountant, member of quite a few indie filmmaking groups, and all round nice guy, I wear many different hats in my day to day work. Producer, Accountant, the Payroll Guy, Script Writer, and most important of all husband/dad.
So I thought I’d bundle all the random thoughts in my noggin, and write them down for those in the biz to read and enjoy.
There are a couple of things to note:
- -> I like to keep things short and sharp,
- -> Although it may appear as advice, it is not specific,
- -> you should always consult someone that knows your affairs intimately,
- -> By affairs I don’t mean sleeping around; I mean your economic situation,
- -> No I am not a comedian. When I went to University (college for the Americans) I studied business. Part of that is a course called Removing your Sense of Humour 101. I failed it, badly.